Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Erik Grönwall - Somewhere Between A Rock And A Hard Place


Erik Grönwall, the winner of Idol-2009, in a few months after his victory and debut cover-album releases follow-up "Somewhere Between A Rock And A Hard Place". I should mention that first album "Erik Grönwall" held the first place of album-chart around a month that is not weak at all for Swedish Idol's winner and the winning single "Higher" was holding 6 weeks on the first place of single-chart also. Can new album achieve the same success? We will know very soon, album is already in sale and you can taste the pieces of it below. How we could suppose it's a completely rock-album, you won't find here such a modern pop-songs like "Higher" but you'll find a lot of 80s and 90s rock-songs perfectly suiting Erik's voice from set of brilliant songwriters like Joey Tempest (Europe), Sharon Vaughn, Michel Zitron, Max Martin, David Stenmarck, Brian McFadden, Johan Becker, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Paul Stanley (Kiss), Epicentre, Nicke Borg (Backyard Babies) and many others. Well, check and judge yourself!

3 коммент.:

Poster Girl said...

This is only slightly on topic, but the beginning of the chorus of Erik's "Crash and Burn" reminds me a lot of the opening of the chorus in Martin Stenmarck's "I'm Falling"--I think David might have been more than a little inspired by that song he wrote for his brother.

Anyway, with writers like these involved, I'd love to love or even just like this album. It's always hard to judge until you hear the songs in their entirety. I do very much want a good album in this genre to come out.

Damian said...

Hehe, this is exactly what I thought about when I heard this song first time (don't you think that Martin's album was brilliant PG?) :) What a surprise it was for me (and not only me, a lot of media wrote about it) when "Crash and Burn" turned to be Magnus Bäcklund's song released back in 2006.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiwAjhYJMUo
First time I've previewed this album I was quite sceptic about it but now I feel like it can grow on me. You said that you like such a stadium rock PG so I think you can really like it as well :)

Anonymous said...

thanks, great voice!