Thursday, July 22, 2010

Danny - In Your Eyes


OMG! Iconic Swedish pop-song gets rebirth by another Swedish pop-icon. Can it be any better? Definitely!
My newly discovered very interesting blog Swedish Rush supporting a lot of great pop-artists which I support too (so you should check it!) has found out recent performance (this June to be more accurate) of Danny in Poland when he was singing his own version of The Attic's probably biggest hit "In Your Eyes" and though arrangement stays 100% the same Danny's vocal makes it different. I really-really like Michael Feiner's vocal but if Michael sings it in more intimate and thoughtful way that is more proper for club records, Danny shows more expressive vocals bringing a lot of his own personality and making this a little bit poppier. Due to rumours on Polish forums (even google has "danny in your eyes" as autofilling tips so the song seems to becoming really popular among massive Danny's fanbase) new single is planned for release in Sweden and Poland very soon so get ready for a new music from Danny!

6 коммент.:

Myfizzypop said...

Yay! I would love for Danny to release this. I'm so eager for new music from him, I can't tell you. Good find with the website too!

Poster Girl said...

Well, he has, predictably, good taste. I LOVE this as a special performance of a fantastic song. If it's actually the new single, though, I'll be disappointed: the original is perfect and it's not as if this brings up to date old production styles--it's the same instrumentally, as you said. I'm eager for new Danny solo music, but the reason I'd be excited about it would be great NEW music.

Still, I love that he performed this and, hey, if nothing else, it's a more exciting cover than anything E.M.D. is doing.

Anonymous said...

I prefer Danny solo than with EMD! He has got a dynamic voice and he is better (and hotter!) on stage when he is alone. I also prefer Danny's version of "in Your Eyes" to The Attick because of Danny's voice and his singing. It's a bit better.

Anonymous said...

Great song but not for him....

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

I know I'm a bit late in discovering this, but I really liked it. Definitely got that 'If Only You' feeling about it, and I love that song so much, so, yes...thumbs up! Looking forward to a new Danny album, whenever that may be.

Damian said...

I've realized how much I miss Danny's new stuff only when I've watched this video Paul. Just thinking about how much joy he gave to all Swedish pop fans with his two albums...

Hehe, I've remembered that currently he's on the covers-way not only solo but in the band as well only when you've mentioned PG :) On the one hand sure it's a bit weird decision to release 4-years-old cover not changing arrangement at all but seems like people really like it and ready to give the song new chance so let it be so, I'm open for everything Danny will release. The faster he'll make it the better.

It's true Laura. The song has very similar vibes with If Only You and as it was in my opinion best Danny's song ever it's gonna be a good sign for its success.

Anonymous, hm, do you think so? Hope you'll like some other new Danny's stuff ;)